Resultat 1 till 10 av 16

Ämne: Ny medlem, ny Skyline

Reg.datum
    Apr 2016
    Bil
    S13, R33

Standard Ny medlem, ny Skyline

Tjena Nogs.se!
    Mitt första inlägg, tänkte jag skulle presentera mig...
    Jag flyttade till Sverige för några månader sen med min Svensk sambo, så min svenska är inte så bra. Hope you're good with English...

In the past I've owned a weird range of cars, from a first gen MR2 and BMW e30, to Mito QV, Clio RS-203, Subaru STI and a one embarassing electric car.
    But, for the first time I have the chance to own a RHD car, so why not make a dream come true? :mrgreen:

I was looking around for an R33, eventually started looking into importing one which brought me to my newly purchase R33 GTS-T that is currently on it's way to Sweden.
    The car is a 1997 model year, with 121,000KM. It's pretty clean and comes with a few perks- Endless 6 pot (with a GT-R sized rotor), Tein Advance coilovers, Trust catback and a few other extras.

I researched the process of importation and it seems pretty straight forward, however if anyone has any tips that would be appreciated.
    ETA: 20/6 in Gothenburg, two hard months are ahead of me! :lol:

Looking forward to taking part of the Swedish Nissan owners community.
    Is it possible to pay the membership fee in cash? It's embarrassing to admit but I still can't figure out how to login to my bank website

I'm located in Skåne, would be happy to hear if there are any meets I could come say hi.
    I did spot an R33 a few times when I went to our stable in Arlöv, is it anyone on here?

P.S.
    The 18" Volk GT-S are up for sale once the car gets here.

Styrelseledamot
    Reg.datum
    Jan 1970
    Bil
    S13, S14a

Standard

Welcome to Sweden and NOGS
    Niklas Kvillert #118
    Kassör, Nissan Owners Group Sweden
    Hyfsat snabb S13 11,47 191km/h

Reg.datum
    Dec 2014
    Bil
    S13, 350Z

Standard

welcome, where are you from then? Any tracktime done in the car?
    The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company/entity. It DOES NOT constitute mechanical advice

Reg.datum
    Apr 2016
    Bil
    S13, R33

Standard

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

The car is still in transport to Sweden, so no track time just yet- but it is definitely the plan with this car.
    It's actually one of the main reasons for not getting a GTR as I would feel too guilty for gutting one when time comes, plus this one came with some extras that would be nice for track use and the money saved will be directed towards other upgrades.

The car should arrive in Gothenburg 20/6, so I will keep this thread updated as I pick it up and go through registration in Sweden.

I moved here early February, from Tel-Aviv. I've been sambo as you'd say with a Swede for a few years, when she decided to move back home. She lived with me in Israel for a few years, so it was only fair of me to at least give Sweden a shot.

And here she is before boarding the ship

IMG-20160419-WA0030.jpg IMG-20160419-WA0029.jpg

Reg.datum
    Dec 2014
    Bil
    S13, 350Z

Wink

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sunny Visa inlägg
    Hi, thanks for the welcome.

The car is still in transport to Sweden, so no track time just yet- but it is definitely the plan with this car.
    It's actually one of the main reasons for not getting a GTR as I would feel too guilty for gutting one when time comes, plus this one came with some extras that would be nice for track use and the money saved will be directed towards other upgrades.

The car should arrive in Gothenburg 20/6, so I will keep this thread updated as I pick it up and go through registration in Sweden.

I moved here early February, from Tel-Aviv. I've been sambo as you'd say with a Swede for a few years, when she decided to move back home. She lived with me in Israel for a few years, so it was only fair of me to at least give Sweden a shot.

And here she is before boarding the ship

IMG-20160419-WA0030.jpg IMG-20160419-WA0029.jpg
    Cool, hope you adapt to swedish way of living quick enough. You learning Swedish now then I hope? REMEMBER one thing when applying to register the car in Sweden that you tick the box for "flyttgods" its a bit more money but nothing bad at all. This will make it WAY easier to pass the registration unless the car is 100% original from factory. I noticed that when I took my Z home from Ireland (lived there 11 years) and not much is standard in engine, gearbox, suspension etc etc this car would not have been on Swedish roads if I hadnt ticket that box! If you're unsure how to do it contact me and I will help you.

The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company/entity. It DOES NOT constitute mechanical advice

Reg.datum
    Apr 2016
    Bil
    S13, R33

Standard

Cheers man, appreciate the help.

Now you're getting me worried, should I be expecting any issues at registration, other than having to adjust the headlights?
    Isn't flyttgods for cars the were in my previous ownership, which I'm bringing with me?

Being in a long term relationship with a Swede I understand more than I would admit. Problem is confidence in engaging a conversation in a language that is new to you, with native speakers. But, I am trying to improve and learn as much as I can.

Reg.datum
    Dec 2014
    Bil
    S13, 350Z

Standard

Cheers man, appreciate the help.

Now you're getting me worried, should I be expecting any issues at registration, other than having to adjust the headlights?
    Isn't flyttgods for cars the were in my previous ownership, which I'm bringing with me?

Being in a long term relationship with a Swede I understand more than I would admit. Problem is confidence in engaging a conversation in a language that is new to you, with native speakers. But, I am trying to improve and learn as much as I can.
    Thought you owe the car in Israel? If not you might have trouble unless it looks and feels oem... Depends on the person doing it too.

Reg.datum
    Apr 2016
    Bil
    S13, R33

Standard

No, I haven't, as mentioned RHD aren't permitted there.
    Anyway the car is fairly road legal: the exhaust has a cat and mid muffler, the engine only has the FMIC and HKS mushroom intake which should be easy to swap over in case of need.
    Maybe anyone else could share some of his experience?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reg.datum
    Dec 2014
    Bil
    S13, 350Z

Standard

No, I haven't, as mentioned RHD aren't permitted there.
    Anyway the car is fairly road legal: the exhaust has a cat and mid muffler, the engine only has the FMIC and HKS mushroom intake which should be easy to swap over in case of need.
    Maybe anyone else could share some of his experience?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    Think it depends on who you get doing it , I had to install sprayers for my headlights since the guy managed to find some paragraph somewhere about it

Reg.datum
    Feb 2009
    Bil
    S13, R32

Standard

Glad you found you're way over here as well.
    Lots of nice chaps here.

"Flyttgods" are only for cars that has been on your previous ownership.

What I do when importing.

Apply for exception from the rules to allow you to have non e-marked headlights. (Works on r32 GTRs so should be the same on r33)

Fit stock exhaust and cat. and stock air-filter box (exhaust not always needed but helps)

And if not fitted a restrictor to the petrol pipe.

And don't worry about the laungage. My "sambo" is from Australia and you will have to struggle to beat here in the "saying inappropriate things" game. You will say things wrong. But you will learn and have fun while doing it.
    And no one will really care when you get it wrong. But people will be more than happy to help.
    Niklas Johansson
    Skyline R32 GTR

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •